Background & Education
- Dr. Alston has practiced orthodontics since 1987 and opened the Rocky Mount office in 1996.
- He received his B.S. degree from North Carolina State University and his D.D.S. degree from the University of North Carolina, where he was elected to Omicron Kappa Upsilon, the national dental honor society.
- Following a dental residency and four years as a general dentist in the U.S. Air Force, Dr. Alston attended St. Louis University, receiving his Master’s degree in orthodontics in 1987. After three years of teaching and serving as Chief of Orthodontics at Sheppard Air Force Base, he returned to his native North Carolina and started a private practice.
- Dr. Alston is an active member of the American Association of Orthodontists, The Southern Association of Orthodontists and the North Carolina Association of Orthodontists. A past president of the NCAO, Dr. Alston has served his specialty with pride and distinction.
- Dr. Alston and his wife, Christy, have a 12-year-old daughter, Olivia. Dr. and Mrs. Alston also have four “grown-up” children: Matt, Mike, Allison, and Bowman.